"Credit Union Checking" accounts are professionally managed transaction accounts that provide you with a convenient, cost-effective service to meet your financial needs. Checking account owner(s) must accept the terms and conditions of Welcome Federal Credit Union Membership and Account Agreement and Disclosures.
Features and benefits of a "Credit Union Checking" account include:
- Minimum amount to open account = $50.00.
- No minimum balance requirement.
- No monthly service fees.
- Checking Account SwitchKit
- You can pre-authorize payment drafts from your checking account (ex. insurance companies, mortgage companies, utility companies, etc.).
- Overdraft protection - To protect yourself from check returns and non-sufficient funds fees, we offer two overdraft protection programs: (1) overdraft savings transfers; (2) overdraft line-of-credit loans that accrue finance charges and are repaid by making monthly payments. When sufficient funds are not available from your other overdraft options, a service called Courtesy Pay provides a safety net for members. Click here for more information about our Courtesy Pay program.
- Direct deposit and depository drop boxes are available. Refer to Deposit Options for more information.
- Use the TellerLine Audio Response System to access your account by phone.
- Debit cards (CheckCards) are available for convenient checking account access and cash-back.
- Use your ATM card world-wide with Cirrus® network.
- View your account balance, account history, specific checks cleared, or transfer funds by using Virtual Branch® Home Banking.
- Electronic Bill Pay is integrated with Virtual Branch to provide all your online banking services with a single link, single sign-on, and same site convenience.
- Checks provided by Liberty/Harland Clarke Check Printers. If this is your first check order with Liberty, if you need to make a change on your checks, or if you want to change your check style, please contact your nearest Branch. Exact check reorders can be placed at Liberty/Harland Clarke's web site.
- Take advantage of Anytime Advisor Checking Account Coach. Click here for more information.
For more information about "Credit Union Checking" or to open an account, please call or stop by any of our branch offices.