- The Credit Union is owned by you, the member, not by stockholders.
- Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations - banks provide services to make a profit.
- Credit unions are democratically controlled - you have a vote.
- When you join a credit union, your money goes into a common fund. This pooled money is then used to make loans to your fellow members. Earnings over and above operational expenses and reserve requirements are returned to you in the form of lower rates on loans, higher returns on savings, and better services.
- The bottom line means low-cost, high-quality financial services for you.