AnnouncementsArticles of Interest
You're not average, so don't settle for an average rate from your credit card –especially with average rates† hovering around 17.41% APR.* Our Visa Platinum Card (Credit Card Guideline) is here to up your purchasing power with rates as low as 10.24% APR.*
Don't forget, we aren't friends with the fees either! Along with the best rate in the industry, you will also avoid the traditional fees.
Featuring no annual fees, no balance transfer fees, and no cash advance fees, this card is here to do more for you.
*As of January 1, 2019, Annual Percentage Rates (APR) range between 10.24%–17.24%. Your rate may vary and is determined by your creditworthiness. Subject to credit approval. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. No annual fee, no balance transfer fee, no cash advance fee, and 1.00% foreign transaction fee apply. †National average 17.41% APR (Source: CreditCards.com Weekly Credit Card Report published Jan. 2, 2019).
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Welcome Federal Credit Union by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates! This loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, providing even more flexibility
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalty
- Benefits and an interest rate reduction available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialists
To learn more, please get started here.
Route 66 Extended Warranty
Don’t let unexpected car repairs stress you out! You never know when your car is going to break down. WFCU offers three coverage levels through Route 66 Extended Warranty. Your plan will be determined by the make, model, age, and mileage of your vehicle. Click for more information
In an effort to save WFCU money that is better spent on member services and to become a greener business, eStatements are the preferred method of delivery. We cannot automatically convert you to eStatements. Therefore, we highly encourage you to make the switch and enroll in eStatements (if you haven’t done so already).
If you aren’t enrolled in Virtual Branch (VB), that will be your first step. Just click the "getting started" link from the left-hand menu bar on VB for important information, then click the "Enroll" button and follow the prompts. Virtual Branch URL: https://www.financial-net.com/gwecu.
To add eStatements:
- Logon to Virtual Branch
- Click Self-Service
- Under Additional Services, click eStatements, follow the prompts to add your account. When you enroll, your checking and/or loan accounts within your primary account are automatically included. However, if you have sub-accounts, you will need to enroll them individually.
If you prefer to keep receiving paper statements, we will gladly continue to provide that service for a $2.00 monthly fee per statement. Printing and postage costs continue to rise and it’s only fair that we ask those who choose the more expensive paper option to help share in that cost. Remember, you can avoid the fee by enrolling in eStatements.
Members exempt from the paper statement fee:
- Members who are twelve (12) and under
- Members who are seventy (70) or older
Receive your monthly statements safely, quickly, and electronically. Electronic statements provide secure, anytime, anywhere access to your Welcome Federal Credit Union statements. Here are a few features:
- eStatements are free!
- Automatic email notification when your statements are available usually by the 3rd of the month.
- Six months of statements available for instant retrieval.
- All data is fully secured, encrypted, and protected by the latest SSL technology
- eStatements can be downloaded and/or printed.
- When you elect to view your statements online instead of receiving a paper statement by mail, it helps protect you from confidential information being lost or stolen from your mailbox.
- Safest, quickest, and most convenient way to receive your statements.
- eStatements help save trees!
Shared Branching: Another Credit Union Difference!
Welcome Federal Credit Union (WFCU) has partnered with other credit unions across the country to provide you with more access to your accounts and money. Proudly, we are a part of the Shared Branching network, a fast-growing national network of credit unions that allow members of other credit unions to use their branches to conduct basic teller transactions.
There are more than 5,300 Shared Branching locations nationwide, including more than 99 in North Carolina. What can you do at a Shared Branching location? Almost everything you normally do* with an MSR/teller at WFCU including:
- Make Deposits
- Cash checks
- Withdraw funds
- Transfer monies from one account to another
- Obtain balance inquiries
- Make loan payments and advances
When conducting a transaction at a Shared Branching location, the host credit union will require your credit union name (Welcome Federal Credit Union), your account number, and a photo ID.
Accessing your WFCU accounts has never been more convenient. Find a Shared Branching location near your home, work, or favorite vacation spot, using the Shared Branching Web site at www.co-opsharedbranching.org.
This logo will be posted at all credit unions that participate in Shared Branching:
We are pleased to offer Shared Branching at the following WFCU branches:
- Main Branch; 10810 Chapel Hill Road; Morrisville, NC
- Greenville Branch; 250-C Easy Street; Greenfield North Plaza Shopping Center; Greenville, NC
- Zebulon Branch, 125 E. Gannon Avenue, Zebulon, NC
- **Moore Drive Branch; 5 Moore Drive; Sanders 17.1379; Research Triangle Park, NC)
- **Zebulon Branch–GSK; 1011 N. Arendell Avenue; E.130; Zebulon, NC
**Shared Branching access at the Moore Drive and Zebulon Branches is restricted to GSK employees.
For more information, contact us toll-free at 888-932-8148.
*Some fees may apply.
WFCU's Emergency Phone Number
In the event of a wide-spread disaster or emergency for the Credit Union in which you cannot reach one of our branches, you can phone our toll-free emergency information number, 1-866-803-3267. Updates to the message will be made as they become available.
Benefits of Membership!
As Welcome Federal Credit Union grows and changes, we will continue to expand our field of membership. Offering a better financial option to more groups promotes the Credit Union philosophy of "people helping people". We are happy to invite other companies and organizations to join Welcome Federal Credit Union and begin taking advantage of the benefits of membership in our Credit Union.
Please help us spread the word by inviting your co-workers and families to join!
The Love My Credit Union Rewards programs offer credit union members great savings with Sprint, TurboTax, TruStage Auto & Home Insurance Program, and cash back shopping from Love to Shop. Visit https://www.lovemycreditunion.org/ to see all of the current promotions.
Welcome Federal Credit Union members get $100 per line in cash rewards for every new line activated with Sprint® — and, for a limited time, this offer is available for unlimited lines. Plus, you’ll receive $100 in loyalty cash rewards every year.
ALREADY A SPRINT CUSTOMER?
Current customers can take advantage of the $100 loyalty cash rewards offer every year starting one year after program enrollment.
C’mon and get happy!
Sign up today to enjoy the benefits of credit union membership with Sprint’s best Credit Union Member Cash Rewards offer EVER!
Become a Sprint customer and mention you’re a credit union member.
Register at LoveMyCreditUnion.org/SprintRewards
Allow up to six to eight weeks to see cash rewards directly deposited into your credit union account.
Take advantage of this limited time offer today!
Visit www.LoveMyCreditUnion.org/Sprint to learn more.
We invite you to phone any of our branches for answers to your questions or for information.
|Moore Drive Branch-RTP:||919-483-8844|
|Zebulon - GSK Branch:||919-269-1225|