AnnouncementsArticles of Interest
You want to see more in your savings, but you can't sit around waiting for someone at the table to pass it to you. You need to take action. Get your piece of the pie when you open a 24-month share certificate. By committing your funds for a specific period of time, you lock yourself in at 2.43% APR* and get a higher fixed dividend than you would with a regular savings account.
Time to dig in. Stop by a branch and open yours today.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. 2.43% APY is valid on the special 24-month Share Certificate. Interest will be compounded daily, credited monthly. New money only. Minimum opening deposit and balance is $1,000.00. Stated APY is available through December 31, 2018, or $750,000.00 funded, whichever comes first. Fees or other conditions may reduce the earnings on your account. A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal. This is a limited-time offer and may be canceled at any time. Other terms and conditions may apply
When you're confident, you bet on yourself. We're doing just that. Stop by a branch and sit down with one of our experts; if we can't help you save, we'll give you $100*. The best part is, the stakes are low. You save money, everybody's happy. You don't, we send you on your way with a cool $100. We like your odds.
Are you ready to save? Take action today!
*Only one $100 per member during promotional period with no purchase or obligations required to receive incentive. Member must meet loan qualifying criteria according to credit union policies for each loan product reviewed. All loans are subject to credit approval. Your overall creditworthiness will determine the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) available to you. Copies of most recent loan statements may be required. Additional terms and conditions apply. Offer expires September 30, 2018. Existing WFCU loans are ineligible for this promotion. Some restrictions apply. See credit union for more details
It’s summer lovin’ for Welcome Credit Union members. When you switch to Sprint®, you can get a $100 cash reward for each new line you activate, up to three lines. That’s Sprint’s best plan with unlimited talk, text, data, and HD-streaming including Hulu!
During The Summer of Hundreds, you get:
- $100 cash reward for each new line activated with Sprint*
- $50 loyalty cash reward every year for each line activated or transferred*
- $50 cash reward for lines transferred into the program*
- 25% discount on eligible accessories
Here’s how to sign up for Sprint cash rewards:
- Become a Sprint customer and mention that you’re a credit union member
- Register at LoveMyCreditUnion.org/SprintRewards
- Allow six to eight weeks to see cash rewards directly deposited into your credit union account
Make summer picture-perfect with a new phone and a $100 cash reward! It’s just one more benefit of credit union membership.
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Welcome Federal Credit Union by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates! This loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, providing even more flexibility
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalty
- Benefits and an interest rate reduction available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialists
To learn more, please get started here.
Route 66 Extended Warranty
Don’t let unexpected car repairs stress you out! You never know when your car is going to break down. WFCU offers three coverage levels through Route 66 Extended Warranty. Your plan will be determined by the make, model, age, and mileage of your vehicle. Click for more information
In an effort to save WFCU money that is better spent on member services and to become a greener business, eStatements are the preferred method of delivery. We cannot automatically convert you to eStatements. Therefore, we highly encourage you to make the switch and enroll in eStatements (if you haven’t done so already).
If you aren’t enrolled in Virtual Branch (VB), that will be your first step. Just click the "getting started" link from the left-hand menu bar on VB for important information, then click the "Enroll" button and follow the prompts. Virtual Branch URL: https://www.financial-net.com/gwecu.
To add eStatements:
- Logon to Virtual Branch
- Click Self-Service
- Under Additional Services, click eStatements, follow the prompts to add your account. When you enroll, your checking and/or loan accounts within your primary account are automatically included. However, if you have sub-accounts, you will need to enroll them individually.
If you prefer to keep receiving paper statements, we will gladly continue to provide that service for a $2.00 monthly fee per statement. Printing and postage costs continue to rise and it’s only fair that we ask those who choose the more expensive paper option to help share in that cost. Remember, you can avoid the fee by enrolling in eStatements.
Members exempt from the paper statement fee:
- Members who are twelve (12) and under
- Members who are seventy (70) or older
Receive your monthly statements safely, quickly, and electronically. Electronic statements provide secure, anytime, anywhere access to your Welcome Federal Credit Union statements. Here are a few features:
- eStatements are free!
- Automatic email notification when your statements are available usually by the 3rd of the month.
- Six months of statements available for instant retrieval.
- All data is fully secured, encrypted, and protected by the latest SSL technology
- eStatements can be downloaded and/or printed.
- When you elect to view your statements online instead of receiving a paper statement by mail, it helps protect you from confidential information being lost or stolen from your mailbox.
- Safest, quickest, and most convenient way to receive your statements.
- eStatements help save trees!
Shared Branching: Another Credit Union Difference!
Welcome Federal Credit Union (WFCU) has partnered with other credit unions across the country to provide you with more access to your accounts and money. Proudly, we are a part of the Shared Branching network, a fast-growing national network of credit unions that allow members of other credit unions to use their branches to conduct basic teller transactions.
There are more than 5,300 Shared Branching locations nationwide, including more than 99 in North Carolina. What can you do at a Shared Branching location? Almost everything you normally do* with an MSR/teller at WFCU including:
- Make Deposits
- Cash checks
- Withdraw funds
- Transfer monies from one account to another
- Obtain balance inquiries
- Make loan payments and advances
When conducting a transaction at a Shared Branching location, the host credit union will require your credit union name (Welcome Federal Credit Union), your account number, and a photo ID.
Accessing your WFCU accounts has never been more convenient. Find a Shared Branching location near your home, work, or favorite vacation spot, using the Shared Branching Web site at www.co-opsharedbranching.org.
This logo will be posted at all credit unions that participate in Shared Branching:
We are pleased to offer Shared Branching at the following WFCU branches:
- Main Branch; 10810 Chapel Hill Road; Morrisville, NC
- Greenville Branch; 250-C Easy Street; Greenfield North Plaza Shopping Center; Greenville, NC
- Zebulon Branch, 125 E. Gannon Avenue, Zebulon, NC
- **Moore Drive Branch; 5 Moore Drive; Sanders 17.1379; Research Triangle Park, NC)
- **Zebulon Branch–GSK; 1011 N. Arendell Avenue; E.130; Zebulon, NC
**Shared Branching access at the Moore Drive and Zebulon Branches is restricted to GSK employees.
For more information, contact us toll-free at 888-932-8148.
*Some fees may apply.
WFCU's Emergency Phone Number
In the event of a wide-spread disaster or emergency for the Credit Union in which you cannot reach one of our branches, you can phone our toll-free emergency information number, 1-866-803-3267. Updates to the message will be made as they become available.
Benefits of Membership!
As Welcome Federal Credit Union grows and changes, we will continue to expand our field of membership. Offering a better financial option to more groups promotes the Credit Union philosophy of "people helping people". We are happy to invite other companies and organizations to join Welcome Federal Credit Union and begin taking advantage of the benefits of membership in our Credit Union.
Please help us spread the word by inviting your co-workers and families to join!
With the Invest in America (IIA) Credit Union Member Rewards* program, just for being a member of Welcome Federal Credit Union (WFCU), you have access to valuable offers from Sprint, Allied Van Lines, FTD.com, CU Benefits Express, CompleteTax, DIRECTV, Shop America, and Members Auto and Homeowners Insurance. Information on all discounts is available at www.lovemycreditunion.org or you can use the URLs below for specific programs.
*Individual Member Rewards offers are subject to change or be discontinued without notice. Members agree to hold WFCU and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, representatives and agents harmless from any liability arising from participation in Invest in America (IIA) Credit Union Member Rewards program. WFCU is not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss or other damages arising from, or in connection with your participation in Invest in America (IIA) Credit Union Member Rewards program.
One of the member rewards in the Invest in America (IIA) Credit Union Member Rewards program is the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount Plan*. The following is a list of Sprint discounts being offered to you just for being a member of Welcome Federal Credit Union:
- 10% off most regularly priced Sprint service plans
- Waived activation fee on new activations
- Waived upgrade fee
- Sprint Discounts
- Call 877.SAVE.4.CU (877.728.3428)
- Visit your local Sprint retail location
Just tell them you're a Credit Union Member** to get these exclusive discounts.
Ask to be attached to the NACUC_ZZM Corporate ID.
*The Sprint Credit Union Member Discount Plan offers are subject to change or be discontinued without notice. Members agree to hold Welcome Federal Credit Union (WFCU) and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, representatives and agents harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount Plan. WFCU is not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss or other damages arising from, or in connection with your participation in the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount Plan.
**To ensure your Sprint benefits continue, it's important that you meet Sprint's membership verification requirements. If you haven't validated your Credit Union membership, you will lose your discount (including any waived activation fees) and fall off of the Credit Union program. New Sprint customers are required to verify Credit Union membership within 30 days of activation. If you are a current Sprint customer, you must provide proof of membership when you upgrade your device if it's been more than 20 months since your last validation.
The verification process takes just a few minutes to complete.
- Smart phone users can download an Invest in America App http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/IIA-Application-961.html
- Click here to view/download an instruction sheet.
- Click here to view/download a verification form.
We invite you to phone any of our branches for answers to your questions or for information.
|Moore Drive Branch-RTP:||919-483-8844|
|Zebulon - GSK Branch:||919-269-1225|